Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Select your college above or begin researching district library resources below.
On this page you will find various resources about native plants. For the library resources, if you are not currently a student or employee and are a resident of Maricopa County, you may obtain borrowing privileges as a community borrower. Questions about these titles and how to access them can also be directed to
Library Resources for Native Plant Gardening
The Native Seed Library wishes to thank the following people and organizations for their assistance in establishing the seed library:
- Francesca Claverie, Native Plant Program Manager, Borderlands Restoration, for helping come up with the idea of a native seed library and providing technical assistance along the way
- Kirstin Thomas, Instructional Designer at Rio Salado College, for major assistance on designing the website
- Steve Jones, Botanist, for tirelessly identifying plants in iNaturalist and answering botanical questions ad nauseum!
- Doug Tallamy, Author and Researcher, for inspiring the purpose behind the seed library with his writings, especially Nature's Best Hope
- Jeny Davis, Ecoflora coordinator, Metro Phoenix EcoFlora Project and Lisa Rivera, Phoenix Chapter President of the Arizona Native Plant Society for their ongoing support and collaboration
- Dr. Stephanie Fujii, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Scottsdale Community College, Krissy Cwengros, Library Division Chair at SCC, Steve Blackwell, at Desert Botanical Garden, Kara Barron at Gila Watershed Partnership, Lee-Ann Hill at Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance, and Uta Hussong-Christian from the American Library Association Sustainability Roundtable, for their letters of support for the project as well as their continued support
- Robert Madera and Kyle Behrens, Tonto National Forest, for issuing seed collecting permits on the Tonto NF