Select your college above or begin researching district library resources below.
This guide was created by the Maricopa Community College Instructional Literacy Group (ILG) to promote and enhance information literacy instruction.
The technologies, videos and "inspirations" in this guide are suggested resources, activities and tools to help "spice up" library instruction and engage students in becoming information literate.
Navigate through this guide using the tabs above.
The Information Literacy Group (ILG) is a subcommittee of the District Library Chairs Committee of the Maricopa County Community College District. ILG has been charged:
* To raise awareness of information literacy at a District level by coordinating participation in District events such as the Student Success Conference and Technology Conference.
* To coordinate grant seeking and alternative funding efforts as relates to information literacy.
* To begin an instructional clearinghouse where lessons, plans, and learning objects can be made available to librarians throught the District.
* To examine ways to market and brand information literacy efforts.
* To create opportunities for librarians to share their use of innovative instructional strategies and technology as relates to information literacy.
* To compile information regarding the use of information literacy assessments throughout the District.
* To coordinate professional development events for librarians such as guest speakers and instructional design workshops.
Information Literacy Inspirations was created in response to this charge.