Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Select your college above or begin researching district library resources below.
Agenda for February 23, 9:00 A.M. to 12:15 P.M.
- Welcome, review of agenda & objectives, review of FPG instructions, and introduction to workshop, Karen Docherty
- Opening Remarks, Terese Brown, Associate Dean, Student Affairs (RSC)
- Overview of MCCCD's Community of Students with Visual Impairments, Gene Heppard, Director of Disability Resources and Services and Veterans Services (PC)
- Tips for Creating Accessible Online Content, Cheryl Colan, Instructional Media Developer, Center for Teaching, Learning & Engagement (GCC)
- Local Library Resources and Services for Those with Visual Impairments, Christine Tuttle, Special Services Supervisor, Outreach Librarian (Arizona Talking Book Library)
- RoundTable Discussions
- FPG Documents Time (for those who wish to apply)
- Increase awareness of our community of students and employees with visual impairments.
- Define the needs, challenges and opportunities of this population.
- Identify resources, services, strategies and tips for better serving this population.